Monday 30 August 2021

Mountain Bike Poem


             Heading down the track


                 Wind at my back 


           Sharp wind burning my face


            Hopefully I don’t case…



               Dirt flicking up


       Back wheel kicking up


      Hands gripped, knuckles white

  

        A giant jump is in my sight.


Like an eagle soaring through the air 


           There is no fear



Losing my grip, 

hitting the lip


  Tyres slip, 

I’m going to flip



      There I was ripping 


Now my blood’s dripping 


             I feel sore... 


But I want to do more!




By Charlie Frost



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so good Charlie! You’ve really effectively captured the feeling of riding a bike! It reminds me of the track we did in Kaiteriteri 🚲 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie this is a first class poem!
    You have nailed it perfectly with timing and rhyme but most of all, your description is spot on!
    Thanks Charlie I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.