Thursday 28 November 2019

Kowhaiwhai Art

My Kowhaiwhai Art


In He Kakano (our senior Māori group)we have been learning about
kowhaiwhai and their different meanings. We had to create a piece of
artwork showing at least one kowhaiwhai pattern. 

My kowhaiwhai artwork was based on not the traditional pattern but
the modern style. The straight line going through the middle of  my
pattern represents a jet stream from a plane because I love planes.
The curves on my pattern represent the waves of the ocean and sea.
My pattern is a combination of green,blue,red and black paints. I had
to do multiple coatings of paint on my work so the coat of paint
would not look so thin.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie the Kowhaiwhai art looks very original especially the oscillating jetstream. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.