Wednesday 3 March 2021

Surfing Poem

 One step with my foot into cool blue water 

one foot in, then another...

the water is chilly 


I lay the surfboard out onto the water 

waves desperately trying to push me back


Definite roar of crashing waves 

in front of me 

they look like three-story buildings


Salt water sprays onto my face like a hose


Sweet smell of the deep ocean

the further I move out 

the deeper the ocean gets 


rough sand 

getting lower and lower


Waves start making me 

        up and

bob                down  out of the water 


Behind me

a wave that looks like it could give me some speed


Quickly clamber onto my board 

start paddling forward for the few seconds 


The wave gets me

I rapidly pick up speed

this is my chance 

I seize my opportunity 

I stand up

flying towards the shore 

sand rising as I come closer and closer 

CLUNK! 



The wave has got my body pumping with excitement   


Charlie Frost  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie 😀. What a great expressive poem. It is exhilarating reading it and it makes me feel like I am riding those waves with you! It certainly conveys how you felt during this awesome experience. Great work. Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.